Marriage Green Cards and Fiancé(e) Visas

Please visit my companion website devoted to marriage green cards and fiancee visas!

Immigration attorney specializing in marriage green cards and fiancee visas, otherwise known as adjustment of status, K-1 fiancee petitions, and I-751 applications.

Permanent Residence Through Marriage – Green Cards Through Marriage

No one marries with the desire to live in two separate countries, or for their spouse to not be able to live, work, and travel freely in the U.S. The spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident can obtain lawful permanent residence and eventually citizenship through an immigrant visa or adjustment of status. If you are a U.S. citizen, your spouse is considered an immediate relative and is immediately eligible for an immigrant visa if your petition is approved. If you are a lawful permanent resident and your petition for your spouse is approved, your spouse will be notified by the Department of State when a visa number becomes available. Depending on whether or not your spouse is in the U.S., he or she will then apply for residence either through a consular office abroad, or through the USCIS. If an immediate relative spouse of a U.S. citizen living in the United States, the applicant will generally apply for residence at the same time that the visa petition is filed. You must prove that your marriage is bona fide. The spouse must prove that he or she is admissible as an immigrant, or otherwise, eligible for a waiver of inadmissibility or grandfathered under §245(i) of the LIFE Act.

I understand the complex rules, requirements, and procedures and will help you comply with USCIS policies so that your application is accepted without additional delay. I can advise you regarding what you need to do, as well as help you collect and prepare all of the documents needed in addition to the application.  For those with interviews in the U.S., I prepare the clients for and appear with them at their interviews.

Conditional Residents

I can also help you remove the conditions on residence if you have been married less than two years when you are granted lawful permanent resident status.

Bringing your fiancé(e) to the U.S.

I understand my clients’ worries about being separated from a fiancé(e). How long will it take until he or she can join me? Will my fiancé(e) be able to visit me or perhaps stay with me for an extended time? What kind of support will I be required to provide him or her? When will we be able to marry? What happens next?

I have extensive experience helping clients obtain visas and legal residency for their fiancé(e)s, and spouses, as well as other family members. I can inform you of what you need to do to ensure that your visa application is in order and that you comply with U.S. immigration law.  Click for more on fiance visas.

Gay Marriage and Immigration

Since the June 2013 landmark Supreme Court ruling holding Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) unconstitutional, I have helped a number of same-sex couples obtain permanent residence for the foreign national spouse and apply for same-sex fiancé visas, as well as immigrant visas and adjustment of status cases based on gay marriages.  As long as the marriage is valid in the state or jurisdiction where it took place, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the State Department will recognize it.  Same-sex spouses are now equally eligible for the same immigration benefits as opposite gender spouses.  I am passionate about helping same-sex couples be able to stay together.  Since the ruling, there is that feeling of “finally, we can do this” and “there is no better time than now.”

Contact Alano Immigration

Call (415) 413-VISA (8472) or send me an email to schedule a consultation about your U.S. immigration law issues. I offer convenient and cost-effective consultations in which potential clients discuss their possible cases with me and learn about their options from an experienced immigration attorney.

SHARE: Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone