Employment Visas

Employment Based Nonimmigrant Visas

I provide effective immigration counsel for small companies so that they may hire the workers they need to run effectively or become globally competitive.  In turn, I have assisted talented workers, artists, and athletes attain legal status and work in the U.S.  In addition to advising employers and potential employees on visa options, I also counsel students in F-1 status and who are in their graduation year on their immigration options after graduation based on their degrees. My office can assist you with acquiring a temporary work visa in the following categories:

  • E-2 Visa – Allows a foreign national who invests substantial personal funds in a business to enter the U.S. to develop and direct the investment enterprise. The business must be operating or very close to operating. In order to determine if an investment is “substantial,” the State Department or Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services will apply a proportionality test to the investment planned.
  • H-1B Visa – Enables skilled professionals in specialty occupations to enter the U.S. to perform work requiring the special skills and knowledge they offer.
  • L-1 Visa – If a foreign company has a branch office in the US, employees can enter the US under the L1 visa in order to complete special projects and assignments. In most cases, the L1 visa is used for executive and management level foreign employees. If approved, the L1 visa holder can choose to pursue permanent residency without going through the labor certification process.
  • TN Visa – Mexican and Canadian professionals interested in working for a US employer can enter the country under the TN visa. Since the TN visa is intended for professionals, applicants must provide proof of applicable degrees, licenses or work experience.
  • O-1 Visa – Artists, athletes, performers and persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, entertainment and business can enter the US under the O1 visa.
  • P-Class Visas – The P-class visas allow entertainers, artists and athletes to enter the country in order to participate in events, competitions or performances. P-class visas are temporary and can be applied for on an individual and team basis. The P4 visa allows holders of a P1, P2 or P3 visa to bring family members along for the duration of their stay.

Employment Based Immigrant Visas

The immigration laws allow foreign nationals who have the skills and talents needed in the United States to become permanent residents and acquire the right to live and work indefinitely in the United States barring any offense that might render them deportable. There are five categories for granting permanent residence to foreign nationals based on employment skills:

  • EB-1 Priority Workers – Intended for scientists, researchers, professors and executives with extraordinary abilities interested in working and immigrating to the United States.
  • EB-2 Professionals With Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability – Allows entertainers, artists, researchers and business professionals whose work will benefit the United States to immigrate to the US. Typically, proof of exceptional abilities or an advanced degree is required.
  • EB-3 Skilled or Priority Workers – Available for professionals or other skilled workers who are interested in permanent residence and need to enter the US to work under conditions unique to their specific situation. A bachelor’s degree or two years of work experience is usually required, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and work.
  • EB-4 Special Immigrants – Foreign national religious workers and employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad.
  • EB-5 Immigrant Investors – Qualified individuals seeking permanent resident status on the basis of their engagement in a new commercial enterprise (10,000 immigrant visas per year are available).  Please note that my office does not work on EB-5 cases.  I can refer you to an attorney who specializes in those cases.

Contact Alano Immigration

Call (415) 413-VISA (8472) or send me an email to schedule a consultation about your U.S. immigration law issues.  I offer convenient consultations and strategy sessions for employers who wish to extend offers of employment, as well as individuals who already have a job offer or who wish to find out their options for working in the U.S.  You will learn about your options and have your questions answered by an experienced immigration attorney.

SHARE: Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone